In my life, I’ve tried various passive income streams. Such as earning money from ebooks, blogging, affiliate marketing, mutual funds etc. And with my experience, I can say that there are so many passive income streams. But you must decide which streams are suitable for you.
How did I develop passive income streams in my 20s?
1.Writing E-books: My first experience of earning passive income was with ebooks. Yes, I’ve published some e-books and earned money. I’ve analysed my strength, like on which topic I have knowledge and I can write it. Then I’ve chosen a topic and created my ebook in the form of PDF.
I used an online platform to list my ebook. But I used completely free online platform where I did not need any registration fees. And exactly I used “Instamojo”. I signed up and entered my details listed my ebooks. You can also use free platforms where you can sell your ebooks（ like Amazon Kindle’s Publishing Platform, https://kdp.amazon.com ）.
Then my exact strategy was- after publishing my ebook I posted my ebook links on my FB page, Instagram page, and even I used one of my Youtube channels where I told about my ebook.
In this way, people started to know about my ebook. Then I earned some pennies from the sale of my ebooks. So I think ebook can be a great source of income. But you must choose the right topic to write about it. Choose a topic which is you can write well and also it should be useful for readers.
The best thing which I like about ebook business is that anyone can start it with zero investment. And the writer has all the rights to decide the price of the ebook. In reality, I did not have money to start any big business. So I started with ebook business. And it was the best decision because I’ve learnt so many things about marketing and passive income by this.
2.Youtube: Nowadays everyone is switching from offline to online. Even students watch videos related to maths, science everything on YouTube. I too started my YouTube channel. Current there are 4 YouTube channels of mine. But I’m not that much active there.
But YouTube is also a good platform to share your knowledge in the form of videos. In reality, my first 2 channels were not at all good. I failed as a YouTuber. But finally 3rd and 4th channels are good. So here what I’ve leant is- one must stay patient while earning passive income. If you start your own YouTube channel then in one day or one month you can’t grow and earn money.
So I suggest to put your efforts initially and in future, you will earn more money from YouTube.
3. Investing money: Making money with money is really the best idea. I myself practically implement things by investing my money. Yes- this can be a really good source of passive income without any physical work.
I’ve invested my money in a mutual fund. So I feel that I’ve taken a calculated risk. I studied some mutual funds and have learnt how things work here. Then I took small steps. I did not invest a huge amount of money suddenly. First I played safe.
So I personally think if one can take some financial risk then mutual funds can be a good option for passive income. But here also one should have patience. I read blogs about mutual funds and watch experts on YouTube to get more knowledge. So study about it first then analyse your risk-taking capacity.
Here I just shared 3 experiences regarding passive income. But I’m experimenting more passive income streams like blogging, writing, affiliate programmes etc. One can not ignore blogging and affiliate marketing when it comes to passive income:) And I’m also trying to learn about share markets now.
I’ve listed other passive income sources also here- Have a look and check which streams are suitable for you.
There are many Passive Ways by which one can earn Money:-
1.Sell online:-Requires good internet connection and laptop/computer.
There are many Ecommerce sites on one can sell their products.
Sites like Amazon,Flipkart,Ebay,Snapdeal provide you to become seller by registering on them.
The Basic thing is that you can purchase some quantity in wholesale and sell them at retailer price on these sites.
The Basic things require for registeration:_
Current Account in Bank,Pan Card,Business name.
These sites charge commision on your Profit.
2.Broker:-The Basic things require for it to make contacts.
You can become broker by helping somebody to sell property,cars or other products and charge a commission for it.
This requires little efforts, initally to make contacts.
This requires website or blog,you tube channel,facebook page,quora etc.
Promote the Online products on your account and get commission by selling them.
4.Become Google Partner:-Google offers you to become partener with them.
You have to make Adsense Account with google and Google displays adds on your account and if somebody clicks on Adds,You will be paid money by google.
5.Youtube channel:-Register with youtube and link your Adsense account with youtube..
Create videos on education,funny topics,knowledge or unique videos, Promote them on your platform. If You have more than 10000 views on your youtube account, Youtube displays adds on your videos and pays commission to you.
6.Freelancing:-If you have programming skills and know how to make Apps,websites or softwares,You can make your clients and build them these products for them.
You have to register various sites like
You can do it offline by getting tenders from schools,offices to make software for them.
7.Business:-Start with business like selling burgers,meals.
You will requires 2 persons for it and open a stall and pays them
and makes your profit.
8.Stock Market:-Requires deep knowledge of market condition.
First invest short money,If gains invest more money.
9.Website:-Create a website and start writing some on some content .If you have more traffic on your website,Company will promote their products on your website and you can earn easily.
10.Small Things:-Make small products like papad,acchar,masaala and promote them.if your product become famous,you can become rich.
Other ways like Lend some moneyand get interest on it.
All of these ways require proper planning,implementation,Strong determination and patience.
A. Create a Facebook group
Not just any Facebook group, but one that allows members to post ads.
By creating a group like this, you don’t have to worry about creating engaging content. Your group members are going to do all the work for you by posting their ads in the group.
People are going to respond to these posts, driving up engagement in the process. Facebook will see this, and will start to send you free traffic by way of recommendation.
That’s killing two birds with one stone.
So how do you make money from your group? By simply putting up a pinned post about your affiliate offer, or sell advertising space in your group.
I have seen some similar groups charging as much as $95 per day for advertisements.
Imagine making $95 per day from your group passively without doing much work, accept to process orders for your group advertisements.
The next question: what niche can you do?
Just stick to the biggest ones like fitness & weight loss, make money online and dating & relationships. These niches are where the big money is.
How can you ignore the 2nd most trafficked website in the world?
There are so many successful YouTubers who are making 5-figures per month from YouTube’s partnership program.
So here’s the burning question: how can you do the same?
Just to give you an idea. I have seen some channels simply uploading compilation videos from the now-defunct Vines.
And these videos are getting millions of views, earning the channel owners insane amounts of passive income in the process.
Why is that so? Because people like to laugh. Put up something hilarious, and watch that video take off like a rocket.
When it comes to YouTube, you are only limited to your own imagination.
The sky’s truly the limit.
YouTube really represents what passive income stands for: you upload a video once. And if that video takes off into the orbit, it is going to earn you a sweet passive income for years to come.
C. Publish your own books
Do you have any hobbies or interests that you are very passionate about?
Then you can impart your passion into a series of books, and create your very own publishing empire that is going to pay you endless royalties for years to come.
Now, I am not talking about those thick novels with thousands of pages that just seem to go on and on.
I am talking about writing short books that are just 10 to 30 pages long.
Can you write a 20-page short book? Then you are good to go.
Kindle has a popular section on short reads, and this section has blown up.
Why? Because people want things quick and fast nowadays. They don’t have time to read a thousand-page novel.
They want to read something that can be finished in 30 minutes. They are craving for instant gratification. So you just give them what they want.
And what are they looking for?
Romance (Huge niche!), children’s books, puzzles, journals.
Books like journals don’t even require too much writing from you!
But they are selling like hot cakes.
So jump in. Get started on your publishing empire that can pay you unstoppable royalties even when you are stranded on some tropical island.
D. Create your own online courses
Are you good at something, and that you can teach it to other people?
Can you show people how to quit smoking?
Are you a woodworking genius?
Are you a Microsoft wizard?
Can you teach people how to lose weight?
Then go create some online courses, and let your courses generate never-ending passive money for you every single month.
There are major platforms Udemy and Skill Share that allows you to upload your courses, and then they will automate everything for you including the delivery and payments.
I have already seen many instructors earning a solid $4 to $5K per month in passive income just creating online courses.
So if you have a special skill or talent that you want to teach to the world, then just do it… and get paid handsomely for it.
E. Promote an affiliate program that pays recurring commissions
This idea is probably the easiest to implement.
You don’t have to worry about creating any products or write any books.
You just have to focus on one thing: promoting the program as an affiliate.
There are some online marketing tools like Get Response and Aweber that have been around for many years, and have been dutifully paying their affiliates in the process.
Those are the kind of programs that you should be looking out for, as they are going to pay you unlimited recurring commissions every single month like clock work.
I have come up with my very own 3-step blueprint when it comes to selecting the best affiliate program to promote:
- It must pay out recurring commissions
- It must be able to pay you for years to come
- It must come with comprehensive training to teach you how to promote the program effectively
The good news is that I am currently in an awesome affiliate program that ticks all the boxes above, and am getting great results from it.
I have written a blog post about it, and you can go check it out right hereto discover how you can duplicate my results.
All of the ideas I have shown you above doesn’t require too much time and work on your part. If you can set aside just 2 hours a day, you are good to go.
Think about this: you are simply investing 2 hours of your time every single day in exchange for a revenue-generating machine that can pay you unstoppable passive income every single month like clock work.
This is a great list. I do well with the following:
1. Selling Information Online - I sell information in the form of audio training, eBooks, and videos on various in demand topics. All information purchased is sold on a website and delivered digitally and i create them based on my education, research, and life experiences. I make the product, sit back and collect profits, and answer a few customer service emails a day. Easiest way to make six figures a month in passive income.
2. iPad/iPhone Apps - Many people I know make money distributing free ad- supported apps.
3. Affiliate Blogging - This is where you blog to build a community and earn income from the sale of affiliate products. This has also worked very well for me.
4. Network Marketing - This takes longer than other passive income opportunities, and you have to work harder up front, but there are many additional rewards aside from just making money. You learn leadership, sales, recruiting, and presentation skills
The usual ways people used to make passive income (writing print books, selling real estate, stock earnings, etc...) are the ways that don't really work anymore.
Below, are my Top 5 Best Affiliate Programs which you should try out this 2019 –
- Wix: Wix provides you a cool $100 referral program for anyone who signs up with your Wix referral link. Click here to join!
- Shopify: With Shopify, you as an affiliate can earn up to $58 for each user who signs up for a paid plan with your unique referral link, and $2000 for each Plus referral. This can range from anywhere between $58 to $2000. They usually pay you a 200% commission. Click here to join!
- Fiverr: As a Fiverr Affiliate, enjoy maximum earnings, gain access to professional support, tutorials, and have your dedicated affiliate manager. To add, you get a portfolio of high performing creative assets to help you market your affiliate banners and links. Click here to join!
- ClickFunnels: ClickFunnels is one of my favorite affiliate programs because they have an amazing community. They provide you a $40 commission recurring revenue for every person who signs up with your referral link. You also as an affiliate get a chance to earn huge recurring commissions on all of their top-level products and services. Click here to join!
- GetResponse: GetResponse provides its affiliate with an Affiliate Recurring Program, you get 33% for every account you refer with your dedicated GetResponse affiliate link – each time they pay their monthly bill. They also have an Affiliate Bounty Program, you get a one-off payment of $100 for each sale you refer. Click here to join!
- RegalAssets: Regal Assets is a High-Ticket Gold-Invment Affiliate Program. Regal Assets affiliate program pay’s up to $100 per qualified leads and $10,000 to $80,000 revenue share per investment for every customer you send them. Click here to join!
If you are more of a Travel person, then you may wish to check out Top 5 Affiliate Programs for Travel Bloggers 2019
PASSIVE INCOME IDEA
1. YOU CAN RENT OUT ROOMS
16. VENDING MACHINE
2. DO AFFILIATE MARKETINGS
3. INVEST IN DIVIDEND PAYING STOCK
4. PEER TO PEER LENDINGS
5. YOU CAN SELL ONLINE COURSES
6.YOU CAN ALSO SELL E BOOKS
7. YOU CAN EASILY START YOUTUBE CHANNELS
8. DROPSHIPPING STORES
9.YOU CAN BUY A PROFITABLE APP FROM FLIPPA
24. YOU CAN SELL OWN PRODUCT ON REDBUBBLE
10.YOU ALSO BUY PROFITABLE WEBSITES
25.CAN SELL PRODUCT ON AMAZON FBA
11. CRYPTOCURRENCIES MINING
26. HIGH YIELD SAVING ACCOUNTS
12. HOLD STOCK FOR LONG TERM
13. CREATE APPS
14. RENT OUT CARS
15. START LAUNDROMATS
17. STARTS ATM BUSINESS
18.YOU CAN PUT ADS ON YOURS CARS
19. INVEST IN CROWDFUNDED REAL ESTATES
20. INVESTINGS WITH A ROBOADVISOR
21. RUN A SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
22. INVEST IN ROYALTY INCOMES
23. RENT OUT ITEM YOU HAVE
27. BECOME A SILENT BUSINESS PARTNERS
28. START A CARWASHER
29. HIRE A VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
30. SELL PRINT ON DEMAND