What is the best Altcoin under .01 to hold for the next 5 years?
HOT is in the list of coins under 0.1c (at the moment of writing 2020 Q1 HOT is 0.000779 USD). In a nutshell, Holochain provides a data structure that can be used to build decentralized apps.
Holo is not token-centric, but agent-centric, which means that instead of managing a global ledger of coins, each user manages his own local chain of transactions.
Let’s understand some terms in Holochain ecosystem:
HOLOCHAIN is the name of the company and the protocol.
HOLO is a separate company that creates a system allowing access to dApps.
HOLO Token (HOT) is a token created by Holo. It exists as an ERC20 token on the Ethereum blockchain. It will be eventually swapped to Holo fuel once main-net is launched.
Holoport - a physical device that able to share it’s computing capacity with the network
A use case for a HOT token is paying for processing and storage on the Holo network.
Arthur Brock - CTO of Dream Team Technologies, Founding board member of Mile High Business Alliance, founder of Emerging leader labs, founder of Metacurrency Project.
Eric Harris - Braun: a board member on New Economics Institue, co-founder for Emerging Leader labs and Metacurrency project and the founder of Harris- Braun Enterprise.
According to the Holochain roadmap, here are some notable achievements in 2019.
- Assembling and shipping 2000+ Holoports
(June - December 2019)
- Closed Alpha of test net
(2019 - in progress)
- 3 Developer Camps & 70+ Hackathons and Meetups
HOT is listed on more than 40 exchanges including top-tier Binance.
HOT is a coin with unlimited supply currently sitting at 178m tokens. New tokens generation involves many different factors and worth a separate article.
The most important thing here is that HOT designed as microtransaction currency, hence token velocity should be quite big. With this in mind, newer tokens might be generated at inconsistent speeds over time, ultimately making HOT more like a stable currency.
To sum it up,
We see that Holochain is not only a token but a whole ecosystem of Holochain and its intermediary Holo. For an average person, this all may seem too complicated and unpractical at first sight.
The holo team is doing a great job adopting their technology among developers but they also need to do this among average crypto enthusiasts. All material I was able to find on the web is rather hard to understand hence many people may just give up on understanding and switch to easier alternatives.
From an investor's perspective, this coin may be interesting at its infancy stages but later because of velocity, unfixed supply, and “microtransactional” design - volatility may come down making HOT more like stable coin.
The only question is will it be a successful stable coin?
What are the best altcoins you can buy under 10 cents?
You probably mean which are the best altcoins with a low market cap, since the inividual price per coin doesn’t matter.
I made a colletion of the best altcoins outside of the top 100 a while ago.
This is the absolute top 9 of the best low cap coins for me. All of these coins have very strong fundamentals, some already with millions of users and it would not be weird if they were already valued $1B or more. This list is sorted by potential
- Elastos at rank 102 and market cap $80M. Elastos is one of only 5 cryptos in total that offer infinite decentralization, infinite scalability next to IOTA, Nano, Skycoin and Cardano. Furthermore, Elastos is more comprehensive than Cardano as a dapps platform, so it should at least be at the value of Cardano ($5B) right now already. Markets are strange.
- ELIX at rank 490 and $8 market cap. Elix is a lending platform and has such a small market cap, because they have not done an ICO, though, they are on par with Salt at a $77M market cap in terms of development progress and further than Ethlend, who are sitting at a $40M market cap.
What’s most interesting about ELIX is that they are about to launch their mainnet in only 20 days, so a 50% pump until then is definitely possible.
- Relex at rank 700 and $5M market cap. Relex is the world's first real estate development cryptocurrency, which already has multiple development projects running, such as Cocobay Danang and Marine City in Vietnam. Relex has very strong partnerships as such a small market cap coin and is in a very large industry, real estate, where not many cryptocurrencies are yet, so there is a very good opportunity to make a mark as a first mover.
- ENJ at rank 176 and a $45M market cap. ENJ is the gaming coin that already has a network of 20 million players, making it the gaming coin that has the most traction already.
- Dent at rank 205 and market cap $36M. DENT already has over 2 million users sharing, buying, and selling mobile data around the world! It is on track to replace m pesa as it's really gaining steam in Africa. Truly an under the radar kind of crypto. The app is on iOS and Android.
- Wepower at rank 302 and $21M market cap. With a transparent way to purchase, lend and product energy, WePower is in the same space as PowerLedger. This is a very interesting space, because electricity or energy contracts are currently spread among only a very few companies, which provide inflated prices, bad customer service and often environmentally unfriendly electricity. This can all be improved with the blockchain.
- Get protocol at rank 600 and $5M market cap. GET Protocol is a working ticketing protocol built on the Ethereum blockchain. Has ticketed over 50,000 tickets in the Netherlands so far using its application GUTS Tickets, already has over 1 Million Tickets lined up to be sold on the protocol by the end of next year. Famous artists and comedians like Zaz, Jochem Myjer, Guus Meeuwis & Youp Van 't Hek onboard, using the Ethereum mainnet in Q3 of this year.
- Payfair at rank 639 and a $3,2M market cap. Payfair is a decentralised Escrow platform, which is absolutely necessary in the crypto world and thus a very good buy at such a tiny market cap.
- Poet at rank 189 and market cap $40. Poet is a very interesting utility coin, allowing writers and authors to publish their books in a decentralized manner without being a slave to the big publishers.
Thanks for asking that question, I had 3 of these coins already, but never ranked them really. Now, I’ll probably add a few more to my low cap portfolio.